Wednesday 11 September 2013

Introduction to me

So this is my first blog, and as usual with all things technological, it's taken me a while to sort myself out and get used to what's what, where's where, and I still don't think I'm altogether there but let's give this a go!

I wanted to start a blog as a way of channelling thoughts and feelings, and also sharing experiences be they from where I have travelled to my latest purchase from a fashion or make up retailer. Whether anyone reads this or takes any interest, I don't know, but you don't know until you try.

I believe in living life to the full. One must be happy and have a good time, otherwise there's not much point. We only get one shot at this life thing, may as well have fun whilst we're here. I'm not denying, we all have our down days, or awful experiences, but it's what you make of your life.
Right now, my family and I are in the process of getting my grandma diagnosed with dementia. This is causing such a huge amount of stress and strain upon us all. The lady I used to look up to and consider my best friend, is slowly disintegrating in front of me, to the point where she cannot remember what she's eaten for dinner only a few hours prior. I've lost her before she's actually gone.

This, at the moment, is taking up much of mine and my family's time and with my parents going away on their first holiday together in years next week, I assume the role of chief carer. A role I do not relish. Yet I will do whatever is asked of me. I will do anything when it comes to my family.

Besides all this, there is still joy in life. Be it the crisp autumnal mornings, laughing with your friends and work colleagues, forgetting your cares and worries and putting a smile on other people's faces - this is all of great pleasure to me.

I hope to keep on blogging and even if just one person finds this of interest, that will be wonderful. Even if no one reads this, I will find comfort in writing.

I aim to write about anything. Current affairs, events / affairs that interest me, or maybe rattle me, things to do with my life, make up, fashion, the different places I visit, my love of history, especially the Tudors, my beliefs and feelings. There won't be a set theme to this blog, but I hope it will be a success in its own way.

One more episode of Frasier I think, and then sleep calls.
Night world x

No comments:

Post a Comment